Pages

NOTE:

NOTE: The ones that say they are added by Corinne are the ones she added on here. The ones She found that she likes or either wants to try will be specified as to where she got them. They are not my recipes.
Some of My recipes are given to me by either family or friends.
"I will specify who the recipes are originally from."

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Wendy's Chocolate Frosty


Did I get your attention with the word "Frosty"?

If you live anywhere near a Wendy's fast food restaurant then you know
 what I'm talking about.

The sweet treat that isn't really ice cream and it's not quite a milkshake. It's in the 
in-between zone. And it must be eaten with a spoon as well as the occasionally slurping from the cup as it begins to melt.

I'm one of those folks that likes my dessert right after dinner. I think it's the whole salty and sweet combination that I love. Gene, on the other hand, likes his dinner to marinate in his stomach for a few hours before he is ready to dive into dessert. But whenever we go to Wendy's to pickup lunch or dinner, I can usually convince him to have one of these treats right after we eat. Yay me!

And then it occurred to me, I need to learn to make these at home. With some help from an ice cream maker, you can make this special delight at home with only TWO ingredients. Yes, that is it. Two ingredients and 25 minutes is all it takes until you are in chocolate-y goodness heaven.  Amen.
Ingredients:
1 quart Chocolate Milk
1 can (14 oz.) Sweetened Condensed Milk
Directions:
In a medium bowl, whisk together chocolate milk and sweetened condensed
 milk until combined.  
Pour into canister of ice cream maker and freeze according to your ice cream maker's directions. I turn my ice cream maker on before pouring. This helps to prevent the liquid from sticking to the sides right away.

Cook’s Note: I have a 1 ½ quart ice cream maker and this recipe works perfectly for this size. If your ice cream maker is larger, you may want to double the recipe. 
My ice cream maker bowl must be completely frozen before use. I cover it with plastic wrap (so it doesn’t form ice crystals on the bowl) and freeze for at least 24-48 hours.  When I’m ready to use it, I pull off plastic wrap, pop it into position and turn it on. Then I pour the mixture into the bowl as it is turning. It takes about 25 minutes for it to set up to a frosty consistency.
Serve in cups with a spoon!
 Yes, this is Christmas plastic wrap. And yes I am using it in the summer. I got it for really cheap after Christmas and I got a lot of it. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. 
Get it? I'm sticking to it.  Tap, tap, is this thing on?

Enjoy!